Sunday Supper :: a Classic

For the tabletop – we wanted to keep things simple and celebrate the colors of Christine’s beautiful menu. We set the table with bistro napkins + dishware – and added a pickled gift per setting.

Click the recipe card below for details on how to make our pickled cabbage at home.

**A Huge Thanks to our vendors!

Menus + Thank You Tags ::  SimpleSong
Flowers :: Amy Merrick
Chef :: Christine Buckley

Pickled Cabbage

1 head cabbage
1/2 c. sugar
10 c. vinegar (use white wine or rice wine or champagne vin)
2 T salt
i like to do some spices:
1 T coriander
6 whole cloves
1 t red pepper flake
1 T mustard seeds
2 bay leaves

thinly slice cabbage, toss with 2 T salt in a bowl.
bring to boil vinegar, sugar, and spices.
pour over cabbage, can!

1. Mal @ The Chic Geek says: April 18, 20121:06 pm

Everything looks gorgeous! Love the jarred favors, they sound yummy and add some great color to the table

2. Kari says: April 19, 201211:56 am

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos- can’t wait to see the rest! Congrats on the lovely space. I’m glad SS is back!

3. Sandy O says: April 19, 201212:24 pm

Karen, the new space is a great addition to your already beautiful events. I look forward to visiting , and thanks for creating and sharing this beautiful blog

4. Helene @ Homebound says: April 20, 20123:54 pm

wow, this looks incredible. love the colour combo. may i ask where you got the napkins? {i know it is a classic, but i love that turquoise stripe}

5. Weekend Notes | Camille Styles says: April 21, 20127:30 am

[...] Dying to attend a Sunday Suppers class…especially in their gorgeous new space. [...]

6. Ruby says: April 23, 20122:01 pm

Thank you so much for having me at your beautiful supper. The experience has truly made my trip to New York something special. Everything was perfect, the setting, the food, the wine and of course the company. I will definitely do this again next time I’m in NYC

Ps. What was the name of the cheese we had when we came in? It was divine and I’m going to try and source it back home in Sydney

7. admin says: April 24, 20122:48 pm

Thank you ruby! we were so thrilled to have you in attendance ! Please visit again next time your in town.
    the cheese is La tur (from italy), one of my personal faves. all the best ! Karen

8. admin says: April 24, 20122:49 pm

Thank you Helene – we found them at a restaurant supply shop on the bowery (if you’re in nyc) !

9. Amber says: April 24, 20126:25 pm

I love your beautiful blog!
    I have been following you for quite a while and I can never wait until you next post. I think that you have the most beautiful taste. Thank you so much for sharing all of your talents & ideas.
    amber

10. [...] / Jose Villa via Once Wed /Arielle Doneson Photography via Style Me Pretty / Karen Mordechai for Sunday Suppers / Jesse Leake via Barnwood & Birch / Simon Bevan for Remodelista /Karen Mordechai for NewlyWish [...]

11. Satoshi says: June 8, 201210:28 am

You just made me even more hungry than I alrdaey am! I am such a sucker for a good brie… brie usually doesn’t last more than a day in my house. I put it on sandwiches, stuff it in chicken, on crackers… okay, I MUST go eat, haha.Random fact, apparently you are not supposed to eat soft cheeses when you are pregnant. I don’t know what I’m going to do if that day ever arises…

12. [...] {row 1} monica wesley, jamie beck, epicurean mom {row 2} karen mordechai, flowers by the nouveau romantics & photo by the nichols photography via 100 layer cake {row [...]

13. [...] via Sunday Suppers  It’s Friday, yippy! We had a good and hectic week since my schedule has been packed… [...]

14. sup says: April 24, 20137:29 am

Thank you for every other wonderful article. Where else may just anyone get that type of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the look for such information.

15. Andrea says: August 2, 20132:56 pm

That’s a fancy table! I really enjoyed it!

16. Jessica says: September 10, 20145:21 pm

Love the jarred favors, they sound yummy and add some great color to the table

17. quadro branco says: October 1, 20145:15 pm

I like this :) great, embed!!!