Springtime Brunch :: Brioche French Toast

Orange or lemon zest
Nutmeg

For toast:
6 slices bread 1” thick, with pocket cut from small hole on one side
6 oz mascarpone
8 oz marmalade

Combine all ingredients and whisk together until well-combined.

With jam and cheese in piping bags, fill each piece of bread, being careful to not over-fill, and keeping the ingredients within the pocket and away from the opening.

Dip each slice in batter and allow to soak thoroughly, then drain well.
On a hot griddle, begin by searing the opening, ensuring that it has cooked shut before continuing to cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.

recipe courtesy of Marcey Brownstein Catering

Orange or lemon zest
Nutmeg

For toast:
6 slices bread 1” thick, with pocket cut from small hole on one side
6 oz mascarpone
8 oz marmalade

Combine all ingredients and whisk together until well-combined.

Dip each slice in batter and allow to soak thoroughly, then drain well.

recipe courtesy of Marcey Brownstein Catering

1. Melanie says: April 13, 20102:22 pm

Oh Lord, this looks delish!

2. chika says: April 13, 20102:33 pm

oh. my. i want this for breakfast tomorrow – or more like NOW (it’s 23:30 where i am). heavenly!

3. leeoor says: April 13, 20102:41 pm

to die for…really…i want it now!

4. Tracy says: April 13, 20102:54 pm

that looks unbelievably delicious! definitely trying it this weekend. x

5. Jeanee says: April 13, 20103:01 pm

OMG! I wanna lick the computer screen. Your images are amazing… and it sounds good too!

6. Margarita says: April 13, 20103:22 pm

That looks incredible! Another recipe to try, thank you so much for sharing :)

7. braiseandbutter says: April 13, 20103:37 pm

TOTALLY over the top and I love it!!! will tuck this away for a very special breakfast.

8. Meghan says: April 13, 20104:55 pm

Oh, YUM! You never cease to amaze me.

9. The French says: April 13, 20107:54 pm

Why am I reading foodie blogs on an empty stomach?! Yum. I’m going to break up with my old french toast recipe immediately!

10. figsandfeathers says: April 13, 20108:07 pm

looks so good!!! sad for me since i am gluten-free for 4 months (thank you wonderful homeopath and all for a good cause) and somehow i don’t think it’s the same with rice bread……but saving for when i return to the land of wheat

11. Caroline says: April 14, 20101:06 am

This looks incredible and perfect for my dinner tonight!!

12. the southern hostess says: April 14, 20103:48 am

Heaven on a plate.

13. Paradiso Flowers says: April 14, 20106:44 am

Now I am hungry ;-) This looks amazing, we just love your photography and don’t get us started on the recipes. Keep up the good work.

14. Eileen @ Passions to Pastry says: April 14, 201012:11 pm

Your photos make me want to prepare everything you post. They are beautiful. And this French Toast sounds incredible.

15. Jane says: April 14, 20109:10 pm

l-o-v-e french toast* my favorite breakfast classic. wonderful photos too.
    ps. just found your blog – it’s lovely!
    Jane

16. Yumi @ Natsukashii says: April 14, 201010:55 pm

Simply divine! Beautiful shots. Those loaves of bread remind of bakeries in Japan. Thick, square & fluffy! Delicious.

17. OneCraftyFox says: April 14, 201010:59 pm

This looks amazing. I am very eager to serve this up!

18. Jas. says: April 15, 20105:01 am

oh just love your photography the light, oh, the light! Amazingly scrumptious breakfast – I love french toast however it just isn’t the same with gluten free bread I’m afraid!

19. cravenmaven says: April 16, 20105:21 am

where on earth did you find those loaves?!

20. Anonymous says: April 16, 201010:49 pm

I am delighted to see that someone is also making French Toast with brioche.. it’s simply the best.

And the filling is something completely new to me, so I am thrilled with this new recipe !!

It looks absolutely delish and the pictures are stunning.

21. Anonymous says: April 16, 201010:50 pm

oh… and by the way: Trader Joe sells wonderful brioche.

22. Diana Strinati Baur says: April 17, 20107:39 am

I will love making this recipe for my B&B’s Sunday brunch this season. Lovely.

23. Megan says: April 18, 20102:24 am

Yum! This would be perfect for a Mother’s Day Brunch!

24. milk tea + polkadots says: April 23, 20105:03 pm

Wow, that looks heavenly!

25. Danielle says: April 25, 20105:04 am

I’m headed to the beach next weekend with 10 girlfriend and my duty is to make brunch–I can’t wait to try this french toast!

26. Madeleine says: May 18, 20101:33 am

I can’t find a good brioche loaf in my neighborhood. Any tips on a fantastic recipe? (Let’s face it, the bread makes the recipe!) Merci!

27. Simply Luxurious says: June 20, 20106:31 am

I am so excited to try this recipe. I have made brioche rolls, but never French toast and have a feeling this will go over very well with any guests I have over for brunch. Thank you.

On a different note, the blog/website/business is beautiful. I hope someday soon I can be part of one of your cooking experiences in Brooklyn. I have included this particular post on my weekly Cups of Tea (Sunday, June 20th) as well as a description of your business. I know my readers will love what you have to offer if they haven’t found you already. Thank you for such beauty, ideas and creativity. Have a lovely day. =)

28. French Toast « DOORR says: August 4, 20106:16 pm

[...] recipe courtesy of Marcey Brownstein Catering via Sunday Suppers [...]

29. Recipe: brioche french toast « roam & home says: January 10, 20119:06 am

[...] this Brioche French Toast in an email and had me drooling that I had to share this with you [YUM - click here for a similar detailed recipe]. This come from the same person who makes, and taught me to make, [...]

30. Indulge in some brioche French toast says: August 23, 201212:29 pm

[...] is jam-packed full of healthy, delicious, nutrient-filled breakfast ideas. So why can’t we get Sunday Suppers’ ridiculously indulgent recipe for brioche French toast out of our [...]

31. Carid says: April 4, 201311:38 pm

Where did you find this bread? Anyone have the recipe?

32. The Saturday Foodie | Emily F Marino says: April 27, 20137:13 pm

33. [...] recipe comes from a blog called Sunday Suppers. They have amazing recipes that I can’t wait to [...]