Quinoa, Grapes + Spring Garlic

We can’t get enough of these beautifully roasted grapes on top of the cream colored quinoa. For this one we roasted this incredible purple garlic. How awesome is the surface of the bulbs ? It looks like someone came in with a paint brush. We know, not so visible in the dish, but fun for the process nonetheless. We love the green pops as well, and the only thing better than the look of this dish is the taste :: Juicy grapes, wholesome quinoa, rich roasted spring garlic + fresh herbs ?? Yum.

Quinoa, Grapes + Spring Garlic
Adapted from Martha Stewart

3 cups seedless grapes. some halved some whole
Coarse salt + freshly ground pepper
1 cup cooked quinoa (follow instructions on the box)
Fresh mint
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
two heads garlic (purple or otherwise !)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 cups baby mixed greens

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop top of garlic head flat and douse in olive oil. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until they begin to soften, about 30-35 minutes, until the cloves are soft. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and arrange grapes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt Bake until the grapes are about half their size (about an hour and a half). Let cool. Combine quinoa, olive oil, vinegar, smashed garlic cloves, mint leaves, baby greens, and halved grapes. Toss, salt + pepper to taste, top with whole grape bunches.

1. Eva @ Four Leaf Clover says: June 6, 20115:18 pm

This meal looks so delicious and healthy. I’m always looking for new quinoa recipes. I’d never considered roasting grapes!

2. Shea Nichole says: June 6, 20119:41 pm

Wow, this looks soo good! I’m a huge fan of quinoa but it can get boring sometimes…can’t wait to try this one out!

3. mckenzie powell says: June 6, 201110:32 pm

your food is stunning. something like this would make me eat very slowly, savoring every morsel.

4. Kristy Lynn@ Gastronomical Sovereignty says: June 8, 20111:03 pm

Agreed. Stunning. Have you thought about roasting the grapes as well? I wonder if that would make it too sweet?

5. Meta Musings says: June 9, 201111:46 pm

You have the most amazing pictures. Everything looks so delicious! xx

6. BODIE and FOU says: June 10, 201112:50 pm

I so love your photos. I’m not a great cook but I love coming here to see your photos….so stunning

7. Kate says: June 15, 20117:40 am

Grapes have never looked so good! I just love your blog.

8. Elenore Bendel Zahn says: June 23, 20116:30 am

This looks and sounds like a true winner! Right now I´m waiting around for our grapes to ripen but it will be a few more weeks. Then I will try this! In the meantime I´m enjoying our other Andalusian superfoods!
    Love & Bliss to You!
    Elenore over at Earthsprout<3

9. Maria @ Scandifoodie says: July 4, 20111:37 am

We’ve had grapes in season here in Sydney lately and they are just so so delicious! This salad sounds absolutely amazing, I can’t wait to try it!

10. thaiblogs.info says: April 25, 20131:37 am

Man håller med dig, äger tillfullo rätt. Nobel blogg förresten.

11. Sara says: August 2, 20134:00 pm

Wow..that’s an unusual recipe! Let me try it!

12. Cartamo says: August 8, 20138:56 pm

Isn’t it a little strange to mix the garlic flavor with grapes?