Ladies Lunch :: Dessert, Panna Cotta with Berries
This lovely dessert was the perfect sweetness at the end of our Ladies Lunch. This takes a bit of time to set, but you can make these ahead of time , keep them refrigerated and top with the macerated berries before serving. We served them in these vintage dessert glasses, but of course any glass or ramekin will do. enjoy : )
Panna Cotta with Macerated Berries
• ACTIVE TIME:20 MIN START TO FINISH:8 1/2 HR
For Panna Cotta:
• 2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (from 2 packages)
• 4 tablespoons water
• 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
• 2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
• 1/2 cup mild honey
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 4 1/2-pint baskets assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
• 1/3 cup sweet white wine (such as Moscato)
• 1/3 cup sugar
Make Panna Cotta:
• Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small heavy saucepan and let stand 1 minute to soften. Stir in cream and 1/8 tsp salt, then heat gently over medium-low heat, stirring, until gelatin has dissolved.
• Whisk together yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract, then whisk in cream mixture.
• Pour mixture into 8 small bowls and chill, covered, until set, at least 8 hours.
Combine berries and 1/3 cup sugar in medium bowl. Crush berries slightly with back of spoon. Mix in wine. Let compote stand until berry juices and sugar form syrup, stirring often, at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
Spoon compote over puddings.