Daily Candy Kids :: Mini Chicken Pot Pie
I made this really cute scrumptious meal for Daily Candy Kids, it was featured last week in the What’s For Dinner post. The traffic may have caused our site to slow down a bit (as a daily candy feature tends to do!) so sorry for that! Hopefully you have come back to visit this week.
These minis are so easy and delish. I added a few root veggies like parsnips and sweet potatoes, cremini mushrooms and white wine – making it a great (and nutritious) meal for both parents and kiddos. And with Sophia walking now, easy has definitely been on my mind!
Click below for the full recipe, and stay tuned for a few more great projects this week.
Mini Chicken and Root Vegetable Pot Pies
1 sweet potato, diced
1 parsnip, diced
2 sage leaves
5-6 cremini mushrooms, diced
1 white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
2 chicken breasts, diced
½ c. parsley, chopped
2½ tbsp. flour
1 c. chicken stock
½ c. white wine
Premade puff pastry dough
1 egg, plus 1 tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Saute potatoes, parsnip, sage, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in oil and butter over medium heat.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste, allowing vegetables to sweat about 5 minutes.
4. Remove vegetables and saute chicken breast 5 minutes.
5. Add vegetables, parsley, flour, stock, and wine. Simmer 5 minutes and season again with salt and pepper if necessary.
6. Fill four ramekins or baking cups with mixture and top each with a circle of dough about ¼-inch larger than the vessel.
7. Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.